Sunday 10 August 2014

Mentions




G+ "Mentions" within Blogger

I think it is great when you come across a significant feature that you have missed.  Came across this today and I had never seen it before but apparently it has been around for 18 months !! I had always been aware that you could "plus mention" within a G+ post - what I didn't know was that you could also "plus mention" within a Blogger post.

  • When you type a "+" within the text and then start typing a name you will get suggestions of your connections for you to select and add.
  • When you publish your post the mentioned names get added to the G+ post distribution
  • When people are reading the post a "Hover card" appears when you hover the cursor over the mention which if clicked will take you to the persons G+ profile

So here is my first test of the "mention" function within Blogger to three of my very best networking buddies
+Chris Thomas +Mervyn Foster +Ann Hawkins

This is a really simple feature but for me it highlights the "social layer" concept within all Google products and how powerful this can be

What do you think?

Written by Richard Wishart

No comments:

Post a Comment